Terms and Conditions
Collection and use of data
Any personal data you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which you have provided it. It may also be used for marketing, offering renewals, research and statistical purposes and crime prevention. We may however need to disclose personal data to a third party so that the service you requested could be provided. It may also be necessary to transfer it to countries outside the European Economic Area. Where this happens, we will endeavour to ensure that any recipient of your data will treat it with the same level of protection as we would. Your data may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing compliance with any regulatory rules/codes.
If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them who we are and what we will use their data for, as set out in this notice.
In the case of personal data, with limited exceptions, you have the right to access and if necessary rectify information held about you by formal written application to One Driving School Ltd. PO Box 68918, London E1W 9GY
By providing us with your personal data and contact details, you consent to the use of that data and to your being contacted by ONE Driving School.
Your contract is between you and your instructor. In the rare event of any problem arising, you should resolve this with your instructor immediately. We recommend no further lessons are taken until the matter is resolved.
In the unlikely event that you are unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion, we will be happy to investigate further until the matter is resolved. Please note that we will require evidence of any financial transactions and lesson times before we are able to investigate. Therefore, it is imperative that your Driver Record details are kept accurate and up to date.
If you still feel dissatisfied, you may contact the Driving Standards Agency on 0300 200 1122 who may be able to help you further.
Code Of Conduct
ONE Driving School commits to …
- Only offer driving instructors who are fully qualified to teach learner drivers under the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) examination process, who are legally entitled to receive payments for professional driver training, and who have agreed to comply with the DSA’s Code of Conduct.
- Only offer driving instructors who have agreed to comply with the Highway Code, other relevant legislation and government guidelines on safe driving, including taking legal responsibility for the control of the tuition vehicle while giving tuition to a Provisional Driving Licence holder.
- Only offer driving instructors who have committed to maintain a professional, polite and respectful manner towards you and other road users. ONE Driving School Instructors have committed to:
- Not smoke while you are in the tuition vehicle
- Not use a mobile phone while giving tuition
- Not make any physical contact with you, except in exceptional circumstances (eg to maintain legal and safe control of the vehicle)
- Not carry, or request permission to carry, any passengers in the vehicle during lessons, unless agreed by you for the sole reason of observing your t raining
- Never drive or give driving tuition while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, including prescribed medication that prohibits driving
- Always present themselves for tuition wearing clean and presentable clothing in keeping with ONE Driving School’s standards.
- Allocate you to a driving instructor who has advised us that they can conduct tuition at times and locations that are convenient for you in the vehicle type that you have chosen to learn to drive in (Manual or Automatic) and to arrange for the instructor to attempt to make contact with you to confirm arrangements for the first lesson before this takes place.
- Endeavour to allocate you a suitable alternative ONE Driving School Instructor in your local area if you are unhappy with the service you are receiving from your current instructor for any reason or if either the ONE or the instructor terminates the franchise agreement in place between the parties.
- Provide a free and efficient telephone-based customer administration service 6 days a week, manned by skilled and knowledgeable staff, enabling you to pay for all your driving lessons by credit card, activate and redeem Gift cards and Gift vouchers, and arrange the date and time of your first lesson (subsequent lessons are arranged directly with the instructor) and to raise any customer service queries or complaints.
- Administer credit or debit card payments for driving lessons on behalf of yourself and your instructor and to maintain accurate records of payments made to ONE Driving School for driving lessons and lesson fees deducted by your instructor.
- Protect any personal data held about you on our systems in accordance with the Data Protection Act and to not use this data, or supply it to other parties for marketing purposes, where you have elected not to receive any marketing communications.
- Deal with complaints in a professional and fair manner and, where practical, facilitate the resolution of disputes with your instructor. Please note that the contract for tuition is between yourself and the instructor.
- Arrange for your training to be undertaken in a fully insured, modern, comfortable, reliable, well-maintained and roadworthy vehicle.
- Endeavour to arrange for your driving lessons to commence and finish at agreed locations, which are mutually convenient.
- Ask your instructor to arrive promptly at the agreed pick-up location for lessons and to notify you as soon as possible if he/she is likely to be late for any reason.
- To arrange for your tuition to take place at times agreed between you and your instructor and for your instructor to give you 48 hours notice if lesson dates and times need to be changed (subject to reasonable occasional delays due to traffic congestion).
- Deliver your training progress as a learner driver in accordance with the DSAIAA syllabus and using the DSAIAA logbook.
- Arrange for accurate records to be maintained of driving lessons undertaken, those booked for future dates and payments made for lessons.
- Endeavour to provide a consistent level of service to all customers.
- Provide access to a range of up to date and competitively priced self-study aids, including books and CD-ROMs, to help you prepare for your theory and practical tests.
- On request, endeavour to arrange for you to undertake a mock test with another local ONE Instructor.
- Provide you with access to a suitable vehicle for your practical test, unless your instructor is not satisfied that you have reached the required standard to take the test.
- On request, arrange for you to be introduced to a driving instructor registered to undertake Pass Plus training, which teaches additional driving skills not covered by the practical driving test, and which provides additional experience.
- Allow you to benefit from discounts on ONE products and services.
- Provide you with a copy of the Terms and Conditions of the contract between you and your instructor.
ONE Driving School’s expectations of you…
Obtain prior to your first lesson a valid UK licence that allows you to undertake driving tuition.
- At the first lesson, present both parts of the licence (photo card and counterpart) to your instructor otherwise tuition will not take place.
- To arrive promptly at the agreed pick-up location for lessons and notify your instructor as soon as possible if you are likely to be late for any reason.
- Attend your first and all subsequent lessons with any necessary corrective lenses/glasses.
- Adhere to driving instructions given by your instructor during any practical training.
- Be courteous and respectful to your instructor and ONE Driving School staff at all times.
- Do not smoke while in the tuition car.
- Switch off any mobile phone or other messaging device while driving.
- Ensure you are fit to drive and not under the influence of drugs or alcohol including prescribed medication which prohibits driving.
- Ensure payments for lessons are made before the commencement of each lesson.
- Provide your instructor with at least 48 hours notice of any lessons that you would like to cancel or rearrange. Please note, the instructor is entitled to charge you for lessons cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.
- Provide ONE Driving School and your instructor with as much notice as possible of the dates and times of any practical tests that you plan to take where you would like to use the tuition vehicle to take the test.
- Keep ONE Driving School and your instructor updated with any changes to your personal details, such as change of address and contact telephone numbers.
- Tell us promptly if something is not to your satisfaction in order that we can try to minimise any problems with your training.
Pupil Terms and Conditions
Your instructor is a self-employed franchisee (”Your Instructor”) of ONE Driving Limited.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between You and Your Instructor. You and Your Instructor are responsible for agreeing everything relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons. You must inform Your Instructor of anything which affects your ability or entitlement to driving tuition. As an example, any lack or loss of a valid provisional driving licence.
ONE Driving School Limited act as agents for Your Instructor in receiving Your payments for driving tuition, other than payments made directly by You to Your Instructor. Where ONE Driving School Limited makes bookings with, or supplies any information or documentation to You, or processes any payments for Your lessons, they act as the agent of Your Instructor.
If You or Your Instructor wish to cancel a lesson there must be a minimum notice period of 48 hours. Cancellations must be made directly between You and Your Instructor.
If 48 hours notice is not given, Your Instructor will be entitled to charge for the corresponding lesson(s).
Payments and Lesson Bookings
You must pay for tuition in advance by cash. ONE Driving School has no responsibility or liability for payments made by other means. When paying by cash you should always request a receipt.
The price of lessons which have not been prepaid as part of a block booking may be changed at any time. You will always receive prior notice of such changes.
The cost of prepaid tuition is based on the lesson price as advertised at the time of booking and will be honoured for 12 months thereafter regardless of any price increase that may occur between the date of booking and when the lessons actually take place. Any unused lessons after the 12 month period will be subjected to any price increase due when they take place.
Transfer of Lessons
You cannot sell of transfer unused pre-purchased lessons without prior consent of ONE Driving School.
Your lessons are only valid if they are purchased through ONE Driving School or paid in cash to Your Instructor. If you have purchased lessons through another source, please contact us on email@example.com. There is no liability to ONE Driving school in this case and driving lessons will not be provided to You.
Your Instructor and/or ONE Driving School are not liable to You for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to You by the relevant person or body;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably forseeable result of such breach;
- any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by You;
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body
Your Instructor and/or ONE Driving School shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests You may have including, without limitation, lost prots, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.